Mimi’s Meme #46 – I used a random word generator to find the words.
Your job is to find a song that uses this word either in the title or lyrics. Give us the title or part of the lyric that fits and the artist. Then say a little something about the tune and why you chose it. Posting a YouTube video of the song would be great! (but not required)
Here we go.
1. “I Want to Hold Your Hand” – Beatles – the first thing that popped into my mind. I can remember clear as day buying the 45 at the long gone Harmony House in Springfield, NJ. It was the black and white picture sleeve version with the old yellow/orange Capitol records label
2. “Hell is for Children” – Pat Benetar – The perfect song for an anti-child abuse campaign. Every time I hear it I storyboard the video for it in my head.
3. “She blinds everybody with her super high beams,
She’s a squirrel crushing, deer smacking, driving machine!” – Canyonero Ad Song – The Simpsons – well????
4. Ugly – Sass Jordan – Rats – outstanding funk/drive song with add-in vocals from the funk-master George Clinton
5. Absurd Beast – Agoraphobic Nosebleed – Altered States of America – i just love the name. how could you not love a band with less than :60 songs (for all the budding ADD/OCD youngsters out there) with titles like Children Blown to Bits by The Busload, Poland Springfield Acidbag, Obi Wan Kaczynski and Drive-By Blowjob on a Bicycle. Note: if your kids are listening to this band, institutionalize them now.
6. “Romeo locks his basement flat and scurries up the stairs” – The Cinema Show – Genesis (the good Genesis with peter gabriel) – Selling England by The Pound – songs has a long instrumental section in 7/8 that is so much fun to play on the drums.
7. There is No God – Extreme – Waiting for The Punchline – has a great guitar open and close. the drum part is a hard banging get-my-frustrations-out piece.