Welcome to the Queen’s Meme #54
We are going for the funny bone today. Ouch. I hate it when that happens. Technically speaking that is the ulnar nerve. Definition: The ulnar nerve originates from the C8-T1 nerve roots which form part of the medial cord of the brachial plexus, and descends on the posteromedial aspect of the humerus.
I told you this meme was humorous!
Confession: I stole this idea from Jamie at Duward Discussion. She used British and Australian slang words recently in a challenge to her readers. I found a site today called Inherently Funny and decided to do the same with words that sound ridiculously humorous when you pronounce them….IF you can pronounce them.
I have given you 8 funny sounding words. You have to supply a definition without looking at the website or dictionary first. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Let’s get started.
1. diphthong – noun – a type of beach footwear when worn by any member of Congress.
2. Houp-doup – noun – a mysterious disease where the victim wears gold glitter jackets and is under the delusion that they are Little Richard.
3. Skullduggery – prop noun – the name of the scientific project examining a random sample of human brain activity via cat-scan and orthoscopic surgery to determine the abnormal bio waves produced by the few people who find Dane Cook funny.
4. reintarnation – prop noun – name of the new punk band that put all the uncle remus stories to music.
5. glom – noun – see Government, see crooked, see pusillanimous, see Cheney, see Dick
6. gobsmacked – verb – the action of slamming someone in the face with a 2 x 4
– verb intrans. colloq. – the act of ingesting the specific hallucinogenic narcotic produced by the Willie Wonka company. usg: I’m gobsmacked, dude.
7. assmosis – prop noun – product created by Pfizer pharmaceuticals used for airline passengers requiring an in-flight enema.
8. lugubrious – adj. – the state of being when two people find the need for K-Y lube unnecessary
– colloq. – (1) any person from the deep south with a car on cinder blocks in the front yard,
(2) any suburbanite mowing their lawn while attired in bathrobe and sock garters.