Welcome to The Queen’s Meme #73
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday We will attempt to “go green” here on the Queen’s Meme blog today. Even I’m green. Even Mr. Linky is green! (don’t tell him) I am woefully ashamed of my non-green status in this country and wish to do better. Recycling is not my forte unless we’re talking fingernails. Let’s find out how green we really are. I went to this website and was SHOCKED to learn that not only am I un-American and globally unwise in this regard, but I deserve to be smacked with a non-toxic noodle as well. I hate pain. I’d rather reform. Shall we?
The Green Meme
How green are you?
(They call me Kermit….)
1. Do you recycle?
Only after spin drying
2. Have you ever hung clothes on a line instead of using the clothes dryer?
Absolutely. Hanging clothes on the dryer never seems to work well.
Side note: pictured is what my mom used out back. I know full well as I was so hyper she’d leash me to it and i’d run around in circles for an hour, spinning the clothes line like a carousel. The clothes dried amazingly fast. She was a smart cookie…
3. Do you walk or bike to work to save energy?
To walk, I would have to leave at 11PM to arrive by 9AM, and leave work at 8AM to be home by 6PM. Somehow I see a conflict.
4. Do you use a water filter for your tap water or do you buy bottled water?
Neither. I slurp straight from the rain barrel.
5. How many trees do you kill each year buying new books?
Last year just one when i hit the gas instead of the brake and plowed into the birch tree in front of the used book store.
6. Have you ever considered recycling your cell phone?
That would be too kind a death. I would rather douse it in kerosene, set it on fire and throw it into revving 747 jet engine.
7. All you need are a few simple non-toxic ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, lemon, and soap to clean your home. Are you willing to throw away the bottled chemicals?
I’ll do it as long as I can keep a container of Clorox wipes…when sautéed in butter and garlic they make a tasty treat.